While you may have spent the last 6 months obsessing over your own skin routine, there is probably one very important person’s skin you have forgotten about – your groom-to-be. If your significant other is anything like most of the men I know, my guess is his skin regimen resembles something of washing his face in the shower with leftover shampoo. While this may work for him on the reg, it’s probably not going to ensure his handsome face is blemish free on your wedding day.
The easiest way to get your man to adopt a routine, is to make it as simple as possible, no extra fancy products just the basics – wash, tone/exfoliate, moisturize. If you give him too many steps he will never keep up with them, and you can always offer to give him a mask or special treatment while you’re doing your own – trust me, he will never say no. As much as guys hate to admit it, they love being pampered just as much as girls.
A few more things to keep in mind for guys’ skincare.
- They tend to be more price conscious than women on beauty products so don’t try and get them to buy the most expensive stuff out there.
- Stick with brands they know, they’re not as adventurous in skincare so keep them on board with a brand they are comfortable with.
- Go with them to get their products so you know they are buying what will work for them. Most guys have NO idea what their skin issues maybe so it’s great if you can get them to do a consultation.
Now for a few basic routines that will keep you and your man happy on the big day…
- For the Price Conscious Groom: Dove Skincare Face Wash and Moisturizer. It’s friendly on their pocket and on their skin.
- For the Back To Basics Groom: As easy as 1,2,3 with Clinique Men’s Care. A recognizable brand with simple steps and multitasking products.
- For the Beauty Loving Groom – you know the one you catch using your products: A little aquatic indulgence from the Verdon collection by L’Occitane. The delightful textures and insanely good smell will have both you smiling.